“Home-rule” and Work from Home
- More than a century has passed and Home-rule movement is studied in History.
- It is imperative to review the same on the background of ‘ Work from Home’.
- Are there any conceptual links between the two?
- One of the tasks of Philosophy is to elucidate language and the most important question which crops up, here, is “ Is the meaning of Home different in two cases?”
- In case of Work from Home, what is referred to is a home as is ordinarily understood.
- It is, obviously, Home, at the micro-level. The home of an individual is referred to.
- In case of Home-rule, what is meant by Home is not the Home of an individual at the micro-level but Home conceived at the Macro-level i.e. the nation.
- If Home-rule is nothing but self-rule i.e. being governed by one’s own self, then can Work from Home be interpreted as Self-Work i.e. while working being governed by one’s own self.
- In the idea of Home-rule, Liberty or Freedom is intended but not in the idea of Work from Home.
- Is there nothing that is common? In that case, why is the same word used?
Are such discussions nothing but Logic-chopping and Philosophy is meant for the Higher Purposes?