- Philosophy may mean conceptual analysis. Accordingly, Philosophical Photography can be developed. It consists in capturing and displaying photographs in such a manner that conceptual analysis gets revealed. e.g. The analysis of ‘Pandemic’ or of the idea of ‘Square Circle’.
- Philosophy may mean existential revelation. Again, there can be a series of photographs exhibiting Angst, Dread, Estrangement, Sorge, Alienation, I-it relationship, I-thou relationship, Project, Freedom, Authenticity, Commitment, to name a few.
- Philosophy may mean study of the Ultimate Reality. The Real can be captured, upto a certain extent, photographically as conceived by an individual with, of course, one’s own limits. So, metaphysical understanding can be revealed through photography.
- Philosophical Photography can represent markedly the Unity of all that exists(and that what does not)
- If Philosophy is understood as intellectual defense then Philosophical Photography means presenting a series of arguments and counter-arguments through Photography. Any issue can be taken up and the defense may proceed photographically.
- Philosophy may be conceived as ideology which can be brought out effectively through photography.
- The pragmatic conception of Photography means capturing photographs to satisfy needs, interests, purposes related to day-to-day life.
- Ethics is an important branch of Philosophy. Several caricatures, memes, cartoons and illustrations express dilemmas vividly. It is nothing but ethical aspect of philosophical photography.
- Photography has been often used to convey Philosophical ideas but its theory needs to be devised.
- ON SIMILAR LINES, ONTOLOGY, EPISTEMOLOGY, AESTHETICS, AND AXIOLOGY can be manifested through Photography.
These are unexplored branches of knowledge. Explaining Ontology, Epistemology, and various branches of Philosophy photographically is challenging, and constructing its theoretical edifice is much more adventurous, isn’t it?
So, Philosophical Photography is multidimensional concept.